Material relevant to today’s quasi-holiday: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Holidays (Presidents Day).
They showed Terminator 3 on TV last night, and I find myself confused about it. The heroine, Kate Brewster, dresses modestly despite being physically attractive, and at no point does she do anything more intimate with the hero, John Connor, than hold hands. For a modern, popular American movie, this is practically unheard of. On the other hand, the plot was little more than excuse to smash as many things as possible within 2.5 hours, so maybe the whole thing is just a fluke.
Today you’re getting a bunch of news, especially since Barry seems determined to keep me from delving into my stash of weird things:
- “How to shoot yourself in the foot” (Not contributed by Barry)
- “Study: T. Rex Had Acute Senses” (Not contributed by Barry)
- “Qatar strips 15,000 Qataris of citizenship -”
- “Study: Cultures Affect Captive Gorillas”
- “U.S. Company Plans $265M Spaceport in UAE”
- “Astronomers get shortlist of possible ET addresses”
- “Baffled Scientists Say Less Sunlight Reaching Earth”
- “Ocean Was a Hot Tub in Dino Era”
- “Soldiers Get Crash Courses on Gestures”