Wednesday, February 1, 2006

3 Shevat 5766 * 1 February 2006: Robinson Crusoe Day

Greetings.

Religious fallacy of the day: “One who has little education on a subject obviously knows more on that subject than someone who is much more highly educated on that subject.” (I cannot make up something this stupid. I have encountered this fallacy at least twice. The first time was from an idiot who decided that his doctor was wrong on a medical issue, even though the idiot had no medical training. The second time was by ignoramuses who, despite having such a rudimentary understanding of the concept of religion that they could not conceive of even reading a book on their own, assumed they knew more about the history of wearing tefillin than I did.)

Again I am going to clean off my desktop for weird news:Enjoy or be scared or something.

Aaron

No comments: