Today’s agenda: Pre-Passover preparation. I get to baptize a crock pot and various other implements and confuse (probably) Christian fishermen and boaters in the process.
Relevant cartoon: “The Big Cleanup (1995)”
Questionably worthy cause of the day: Star Trek Enterprise - a Direct to DVD movie or mini-series. Petition.
- “Americans' Dirty Secret Revealed” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “New Orleans R&B star begins posthumous mayoral bid”
- “Happy Face on Mars Exposed”
- “Cheating on Spouse or Taxes Morally Acceptable for Many” (Submitted by Barry)
- “Stranger Danger: 'Shocking' TV Test Flawed” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Phone-Jamming Records Point to White House” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Hamas says sees Israeli moves as declaration of war” (Submitted by Barry, who notes the irony in the title. After all, Hamas’s purpose is the destruction of the State of Israel, preferably violently; they would have to be stupid to think that Israel is going to sit around and be passive. The article is factually incorrect in the claim that Hamas has abided by the ceasefire, since 1) it never stopped the violence, and 2) Israel made no agreement whatsoever concerning the alleged period of calm, so there was no ceasefire.)