Information on today’s quasi-holiday: Wikipedia’s article on ANZAC Day.
Worthy causes of the day: Basel Action Network (BAN) and Computer Take Back Campaign, which both focus on electronic waste, and Save the Internet, which is working against the forces of greed trying to stifle free speech on the Internet.
- “Axe-wielding men abduct dad from wedding”
- “Killer Sound” (Suggested by Barry. An interesting variant on the theme of beating a sword into a plowshare.)
- “UPDATE 1-Bush's approval rating hits new low of 32 percent” (If I were a betting man, I’d bet it would drop to 25% by the time he left office.)
- “'Lego' approach thwarts anthrax toxin”
- “Urban Legends Reference Pages: Inboxer Rebellion (Free Cone Day)”
- “Dutch Co. Battles Mayor Over Ads on Sheep”