Tomorrow is my dissertation defense. Prayers and swords would be much appreciated. Expect tomorrow’s weird thing to be late.
Today’s news and commentary (besides the stuff under “Recommended Reading”, some of which Barry is responsible for:
- “Air marshals to go native; dress code relaxed”
- “Now how will students learn the planets?”
- “From Hampstead to Cape Town” (I cannot make up stuff as bad as the bad ideas criticized in this article.
- “Throwing in the Towel” (Shame on animal-rights extremists!)
- “Montezuma's revenge: Cannibalism in the age of The Conquistadors”
- “Kiss bassist sends video to wounded soldier” (Reality can be very surprising.)
- “Philippines hopes to set tree record” (We could use more attempts to break the record.)
- “Cloned Beef: It's What's For Dinner”
- “Mason Sues Jews for Jesus Over Pamphlet” (Shame on the dishonest Christian missionaries! They have no excuse for putting on the front of their pamphlet “Jackie Mason: ...A Jew for Jesus!?” May it be God’s will that the judge decide that what Mason wants is not enough and bankrupt the missionaries!)
- “Finn takes gold at mobile phone throwing contest”