Today’s news and commentary:
- “Know Thine Enemy”
- “Five Years Later”
- “Global warming film unites preachers and politics” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Ethiopian policy riles N. American Jews”
- “A post-9/11 scorecard”
- “Poll: More Palestinians support terrror”
- “Interesting Times: Israel's 'family values'”
- “A general theory of just about everything”
- “Storm Clouds Over Paris”
- “Palestinians burn Kalkilya YMCA”
- “Iran resumed weapons airlift to Hizballah via Beirut Friday as soon as Israel ended its air blockade” (What the gezornenblat was Olmert thinking?)
- “Why We Cannot Rely on Moderate Muslims”
- “B'nai B'rith Outraged at U.N.'s Egeland calling Israel Immoral”
As we enjoy the holidays, remember to be nice to those first-time turkey cookers...
One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.
When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.
When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.
With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry.
It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!