Jewish date: 7 ’Av 5769.
Today’s holidays: The Nine Days, Tuesday of the Seventeenth Week of Ordinary Time.
Today’s quasi-holidays: National Drive-Thru Day, Singing Telegram Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Tell Your Senators Why America Needs a Strong Climate Bill”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Tron Legacy exposed”: Yes, they are making a sequel to Tron. There is now hope that my unanswered theological questions about the first movie will be answered!
- More religious oppression: “Half a million Vietnamese Catholics march through the streets against police violence”, “North Korea 'executes Christians'”, and “Nigeria Islamists torch church, police HQ: witnesses”
- “Dangerously Obsessed with Celebrities”
- This Modern World 2009-07-27
- “There Goes the Neighborhood”
- “Transparent Aluminum Is ‘New State Of Matter’”: I cannot make up something like this.
- “How Old Mattresses Can Be Recycled”
- “Senator Tom Harkin and Representative Darrell Issa declare war on science-based medicine”