Jewish date: 25 Tammuz 5769.
Today’s holidays: The Three Weeks, Friday of the Fifteenth Week of Ordinary Time.
Today’s quasi-holidays: Shark Awareness Day, Wrong Way Corrigan Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Prevent a Catastrophic Oil and Gas Accident Off the Coast of New Orleans!”, “Sign Our Petition for Health Care Reform”, “Empower Women and Girls in Afghanistan”, and “Tell Your Senator No More Offshore Drilling”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Obama Meets the Jews”
- “Fundamentally Freund: Build a museum of Arab terror”
- “Moths Use Sonar-Jamming Defense to Fend Off Hunting Bats”
- “Huge blob of Arctic goo floats past Slope communities”: I cannot make up something like this. It also sounds like the beginning of a B-movie.
- “Single spelling mistake can derail job application”: Fortunately not every executive is so unforgiving.
- “Wastewater Analysis for Drug Abuse Evidence”
- Apollo 11 Partial Restoration HD Videos