Image via WikipediaGreetings.
Jewish date: 17 Nisan 5770.
Today’s quasi-holidays: April Fool’s Day, International Dadaism Month.
Worthy causes of the day: “Tell Congress to stand up to corporate influence”, “Stop the Hate Speech - The Petition Site”, and “Heart Disease and Stroke. You’re the Cure.”
Today’s news and commentary:
- “war games”
- “Awash in Awareness: Knowing a Product's "Water Footprint" May Help Consumers Conserve H2O”
- “Ferocious hot chili pepper to make nasty weapons”: I cannot make something like this up, and this is not an April Fool’s Day joke.
- “Addicted to Fat: Overeating May Alter the Brain as Much as Hard Drugs”
- “Solar at Home: Are old houses doomed? The conflict between historic preservation and energy efficiency”
- “An Absence of Class in the G.O.P.”