Image via WikipediaGreetings.
Jewish date: 2 ’Iyyar 5770 (Parashath Thazria‘-Meṣora‘).
Today’s quasi-holidays: National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day, National Robotics Week, Metric Mitochondria Day (founded by me, 2010), Emancipation Day (Washington, DC).
Worthy causes of the day: “Help Eliminate Measles Worldwide - Take Action Today @ The Child Health Site” and “Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) | Co-sign our open letter to Republican Leader Boehner”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Health insurers make big bucks from Big Macs”: Oops.
- “Why We Haven’t Met Any Aliens”: A novel, plausible solution to Fermi’s Paradox.
- “Earth-Like Planets May Abound in the Milky Way”
- “Homeopathy – Failing Randomized Controlled Trials Since 1835”
- “Genetic Engineering No Match for Evolution of Weed Resistance”
- “Hotel offers "cycle for your supper" deal”