Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Religio-political update

Greetings.

I have R busy crunching numbers, and I’ve decided I’m going to use this opportunity to clear some stuff off my desktop and gripe a little. Keep in mind I only present a minute fraction of things going very wrong on this planet.

On Friday, Stateless Arab (“Palestinian”) Television broadcast a virulently anti-Semitic sermon. Last I heard, Abbas had not done anything about incitement. All those who believe he will anything to stop such violations of the prerequisites for negotiated peace, please stand on your heads.

New Backspin report: “Thoughts on Newsweek's debacle”. Newsweek’s false report of desecration of the Qur’an resulted in rioting and 16 deaths. Interestingly, there is a parallel incident in which Stateless Arab terrorists holed themselves up in the Church of the Nativity in 2002, and the terrorists used pages of Christian Bibles as toilet paper and stole valuable religious articles—yet there were no riots or deaths. Can’t you feel the hypocrisy?

And finally, in a variation on the power-of-evil-speech theme, a Colombian town has made gossiping a punishable offense.

Aaron

No comments: