Friday, March 23, 2007

‪ד׳ ניסן תשס״ז * 23 March 2007: Toast Day

Greetings.

Last night my computer’s internal hard drive started making weird squealing noises and very quickly died. Though my computer is working off my main backup drive and all my data seems to be OK (thank HashShem), to my horror I discovered that the system software and applications were not backed up properly, leading me to do some reinstallation and (currently on-going) a lot of downloading. Unless I can get the internal hard drive up and working again (unlikely, since software problems do not cause squealing hard drives), I will probably buy a new computer very soon. My computer woes may well result in missed issues of this blog.

Today’s news and commentary:Today’s weird thing is “Star Trek vs. Star Wars”. Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.

Aaron

No comments: