Today’s news and commentary:
- “Press Complaints Commission Sides With Indie On "Uranium Shells" Libel”
- “Qassam Strike on Video” and “Woman seriously wounded by Kassam hit on Sderot” (’Olmert, why are you sitting around doing nothing?)
- “Hamas blames world, Israel and Arabs” (Everyone but themselves.)
- “Land transfer bill passes 1st reading”
- “Where's the Money?”
- “Orthodox women helped create UK welfare state”
- “Chemotherapy Thwarted by Cancer-Killing Gene”
- “How goat skin DNA solved Dead Sea scrolls mystery”
A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary hospital. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird’s chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, “I’m so sorry Polly has passed away.”
The distressed owner wailed, “Are you sure? I mean, you haven’t done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something.”
The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room returning a few moments later with beautiful black Labrador. As the bird’s owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the dead parrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet led the dog out but returned a few moments later with a cat. The cat jumped up and also sniffed delicately at the ex-bird. The cat sat back, shook its head, meowed and ran out of the room. The vet looked at the woman and said, “I’m sorry; but like I said, your parrot is most definitely, 100%, certifiably... dead.”
He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman. The parrot’s owner, still in shock, took the bill. “$150!” she cried “$150 just to tell me my bird is dead?!”
The vet shrugged. “If you’d taken my word for it, the bill would only have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan...What did you expect??