Weekly employment advertisement, since I am not yet employed:
Desired job: Epidemiologist. (See my curriculum vitae.)Today’s news and commentary:
Other jobs I would be willing to do (not an exhaustive list):
Desired location: Within decent commuting distance of Bloomington, Indiana.
- Statistician. The mathematics I use for epidemiology can be applied to other problems as well.
- Macintosh guru and all-around computer expert. People routinely mistake me for technical support.
- Theologian. I am working on an innovative book on religious fallacies and misinformation as a side project. If someone wants to pay me to work on it full-time, I would be quite willing to do so.
- Pundit. I do do punditry from time to time on this blog, but I am too busy with other things (such as job-hunting) to do much of it. Note that punditry can be combined with other items on this list.
- Writer of fiction and other creative stuff.
Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- “Study Buddies”
- “Tired of potholes? You can do like the ants do..”
- “Site sells fictional real estate” (And if you believe they are entitled to do this, I have some real estate in Florida I would like to sell you...)
- “Sderot rooms to be fortified monthly” (Here is an even better idea: Wipe out the terrorists and disarm the Gaza Strip so there is no need for fortification!)
- “Former Wal-Mart exec accuses CEO of ethics breach” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Another Tack: Not of Our Crowd” (This sounds eerily like the tactics used by the Bush team in the last presidential election, according to whom somehow someone who did his duty and went to Vietnam is less patriotic and worthy of respect than a blatant draft-dodger.)
- “America's uninspired children”