Worthy causes of the day: “Make Aid Even Better”, “Stop the Bush/Cheney Assault on Endangered Species”, and “Take Action to Protect America's Endangered Species!”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Green light from mullahs for killing of Shirin Ebadi?”: Considering killing someone on the suspicion that they have committed a capital crime accidental homicide, the penalty being a fine if proven wrong, is a dangerous idea. This promotes killing first and deciding guilt second, thus resulting in innocent people being needlessly killed. This rather misses the point of a justice system.
- “DO SUBATOMIC PARTICLES HAVE FREE WILL?”
- “Obama, McCain differ on abortion rights”: McCain lays out a clear position on abortion, that “human rights” begin at conception. Unfortunately he can be criticized on the same grounds I used Wednesday in my commentary on an article by Pat Buchanan, that Exodus 21:22 indicates that the unborn have a lower moral status than those who have been born.
- “The West's Islamist Infiltrators”: The US government has a hard time collectively getting through their head that Islam is not an religion of peace.
- “Do TV adverts have to tell the truth?”
- “Bigfoot Press Conference Yields Little Evidence, Lots of Scorn” and “Texas biologist: Cuero chupacabra is a pit bull” (Is anyone surprised?)
- “Oceanic Dead Zones Continue to Spread”
- “Milky Way's Halo Loaded with Star Streams ”
- “King penguin receives Norwegian knighthood”
- “Stickers appraise mundane objects in downtown Wis.” (As a matter of fact, this blog is worth $10,000...)
- “War On Terror board game seized by police” (Apparently the government of the UK has borrowed some stupid ideas from the Bush administration.)
- “Top dishonors in writing go to Washington man”
- “The World's Spookiest Weapons”
- “HeadOn Debunked: The Power of Annoying Suggestion Revealed”