Worthy causes of the day: “No more tax breaks for big oil companies” and “Tell the Bush Administration to protect endangered wildlife!”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “U.S. regulation stops short of defining abortion”: Major rule: Do not needlessly redefine terms. People will object.
- “Poll: Most want church out of politics”: Considering that politics is liable to corrupt politicians, there is wisdom in this. It also needs to be kept in mind that there is an important difference between what politicians claim to believe and how they actually behave; it matters very little for a politician to claim to be devout when his/her behavior—especially behavior in office—is anything but pious.
- “The Guns of August”
- “What is a brain aneurysm?”
- “The Myth of Occupied Gaza”
- “McCain unsure how many houses he owns” (For someone who is not in the real estate business, this is hard to believe.)
- “Survey: 79 million face medical debt
- “Presidential Candidates' Statements on Space Policy”
- “How RFID Tags Could Be Used to Track Unsuspecting People”
Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.