Worthy causes of the day: “Tell President Bush: China's abuses must end”, “Tell Congress to Rein in DHS Travel Abuses”, and “Take Action: Protect your right to have a voice when it comes to our oceans!”
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Olympic Opening”
- “Missing votes spark lawsuit” (Just in case anyone wonders why I am skeptical of electronic voting machines without paper ballot verification.)
- “Study: All Planets Are Born in Killer Environments ”
- “‘Fakeproof’ e-passport is cloned in minutes”
- “Ocean Glints Could Reveal Alien Planets ”
- “Cops follow Cheetos trail to nail burglar suspects”
- “Angry moviegoer allegedly tosses computer monitor”
WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD.
Theological review of “The Shunned House”:
This is another low-relevance wonder, with no real theological aspect either. It’s also pretty dull, so don’t waste your time reading it.
Theological rating: I (for irrelevancy).
Scariness rating: The Stuff does what this story hopes to do much better, despite being silly. My pants weren’t aware this story was supposed to make them budge.
Coming up Sunday: “The Book”.