Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Italian priest organizes beauty contest for nuns”. To quote:
An Italian priest and theologian said Sunday he is organizing an online beauty pageant for nuns to give them more visibility within the Catholic Church and to fight the stereotype that they are all old and dour.I am not clear whether this is actually wrong within the system of Catholicism or just simply unusual. I can see the possible problem of nuns nominating themselves; it might be less problematic if other people did the nomination.
- “Mission accomplished?”: ’Olmerṭ and the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) seem to think that there are no more Jews left in Ethiopia to bring to Israel. Considering the Falash Mura, Ethiopian Jews whose ancestors at one point accepted Christianity but latter returned to Judaism, are rabbinically accepted as Jews and the definition of who is a Jew is fundamentally religious and the Falash Mura still in Ethiopia want to come to Israel, ’Olmerṭ and the JAFI are missing the point of the State of Israel, which was intended to be a state for the Jewish people. Shame on them for ignoring their kinspeople!
- “The New Russia and the Media”
- “Threats to science-based medicine: When clinical trials for new drugs are designed by the marketing division” (For shame!)
- “Joe Biden's pro-RIAA, pro-FBI tech voting record” (This is a bit worrying, but McCain is still worse.)