Worthy causes of the day: “Bring Gilad Shalit Home” and “Urge the Obama Administration to Protect Whales from Bush's Final Salvo”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- More countries receive failing grades when it comes to freedom of religion: “KAZAKHSTAN: 'This is a highly dangerous precedent'”,“Anti-conversion bill: minorities fear restrictions on religious freedom”, and “Indonesia: Sharia-Based Laws Creep Into Half Of Provinces”.
- “Animal advocacy group's peace plan: 'Give Peas a Chance'”: This is about trying to promote peace between the “Palestinians” and Israel through promoting less violence towards animals. Frankly I would like to see some (or any) research indicating that consumption of meat causes violence towards humans. I suppose one could make an argument that people who kill their own meat might be desensitized towards violence, but does not apply to most of us.
- “Call for pope to step down over Holocaust denier” and “Vatican Demands Holocaust Denier Publicly Recant”: Pope Benedict XVI keeps getting deeper in trouble and starts to crumble on Richard Williamson.
- “Congo children branded as witches, abducted: U.N.”: Labeling someone as a witch does not make it so. One needs evidence!
- 2009 Darwin Week in Charleston | February 08-15: Be there on the 10th and give me every reason to think what I am saying is wrong!
- “Pic Shows Man Robbing Stores With Klingon Sword”
- “How your mother might affect your memory”
- “Cloning passport card RFIDs in bulk for under $250”
- “Malware infection that began with windshield fliers”: This is brilliant evil.
- “Largest Snake Rattles Paleontology”
- “Oldest Animal Fossils Discovered”
- “Rapid Thinking Makes People Happy”
- “How Meat Contributes to Global Warming”: A much better reason to cut meat consumption than anything People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals can produce.
- “Chinese see funny side of financial crisis”
- “The Gaza War in Review”
I remember something about Samuel Clemens saying something very akin to this. Enjoy and share the weirdness.