Worthy causes of the day: “Tell EPA: Act Now on Global Warming Pollution”, “WhileRomeBurns.org”, “Tell the Obama Administration to maintain protections for gray wolves”, and “This is Your Last Chance: Tell Your Representative to Support the Omnibus Public Land Management Act”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- Today is when I participate in 2009 Darwin Week in Charleston. I can be heckled at 7:00 in the Physician’s Auditorium at the College of Charleston when I participate in a panel discussing Ben Stein’s creationist pseudo-documentary Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Everyone is welcome to attend. I plan to turn my notes on Expelled into a proper review tomorrow. In the meantime, I recommend PBS’s “Intelligent Design on Trial”.
- More countries embarrass themselves on the religious freedom front: “KAZAKHSTAN: Media intolerance 'has one source: the KNB secret police'” and “Saudi Arabia says only mosques allowed”.
- “Foster mother struck off for letting Muslim girl convert to Christianity”: I am shocked this happened in the United Kingdom. Does anyone really think a 16-year-old is incapable of deciding what religion she wants to believe in and practice? Does anyone really think anyone can be forced to believe in one religion and not believe in another? What business of the government is it deciding these matters? And why should the foster parent in this case be penalized at all?
- More on the Richard Williamson scandal: “Argentine seminary ousts Williamson as its leader”, “Holocaust-denying bishop loses court battle”, and “The pope must condemn the Jew-haters in the Church”.
- An interesting approach: “A monk's life... but just until Monday”.
- “Likud Wins!! (1977)”
- “Measles on the rise in Australia and Switzerland, too”
- “FDA approves blood-thinner Atryn made from genetically engineered goats”: I cannot make things like this up.
- “PC Pro: News: Windows 7 a non-Starter on netbooks”: Why, why, why would anyone hobble an operating system by deliberately limiting it to having three applications open at the same time? Who would want to use anything so lame?
Enjoy and share the weirdness.