Worthy cause of the day: “Save Sea Turtles from Reckless Fishing Practices”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “Anti-abortion measure says fertilized egg is human”: The title of the article gets it wrong. Nobody with any sense denies that a fertilized egg produced by a human man and woman is human and unless it dies or is destroyed, it is alive. The House in North Dakota has approved a bill proclaiming that a human fertilized egg has all the rights of a full-fledged human. Needless to say, this creates some very sticky legal problems, is in conflict with the legal right to an abortion, and (as previously noted) is in conflict with the Hebrew Bible.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Israeli Voters (1973)”
- “Irish Eyes See Only One Side”
- “LA Times: More Unverified "War Crimes"”
- “Africa's tropical forests mopping up more and more human CO2”
- “Stimulus bill includes funding to compare drugs and treatments”
- “Six Ways to Boost Brainpower”
- “MRSA on the wane--In the intensive-care unit, anyway”
- “Islamism's accidental midwives”: A history lesson.
- “Put Hamas, Not Israel, on Trial”
- “Researchers Hack Faces In Biometric Facial Authentication Systems”