Wednesday, August 10, 2005

5 'Av 5765/10 August 2005: "A Modest Proposal"

Greetings.

Somebody told me yesterday about having trouble with the home page of the Temple Institute, something about it not loading. My guess at what happened is that the huge graphic on that page took forever to load, especially since that person was using a ordinary modem to connect to the Internet. Anyone experiencing such a problem who wants to visit the Temple Institute’s site may have better luck with their main page.

It has also been suggested to me that I plug my late grandfather’s Temple Mount exhibit, which would certainly be useful for understanding the appearance and some of the history of the Temple whose loss we mourn. It is still at the Pope John Paul II Cultural Center in Washington, DC. I strongly recommend that anyone in the Washington, DC area see the exhibit. (Critical commentary would be greatly appreciated; my family has an interest in improving it.)

Today’s substitute weird thing is Jonathan Swift’s “A Modest Proposal”. Keep in mind it is a satire. It is only a satire. And I cannot make something like this up. Go ponder.

Aaron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with eating babies? They're better than peanut butter and jelly!