Jewish date: 21 ’Iyyar 5769.
Today’s holidays: Day 36 of the ‘Omer.
Today’s quasi-holidays: National Chocolate Chip Day, National Receptionists Day, Straw Hat Day, International Day of Families.
Worthy causes of the day: “Fighting Cancer Requires Health Care Reform”, “Tell President Obama: Keep your promise to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."”, and “Don't let the banks water down credit card reform”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- Interesting tactics: “Online Confessions Rising In Popularity” and “Church wants Jesus in jeans statue to connect with community”.
- “Rabbi Shmuley says Miss California’s real issue is posing topless rather then opposing gay marriage”: He has a point. Christian values go beyond just opposing homosexuals marrying each other.
- Dishonest tactics: “The myth of a secular Palestine” and “Islamism's Campus Club: The Muslim Students' Association”.
- “Ode to Summer (1984)”
- “Geography Lesson”
- “Ignoring the Real Causes of Christian Exodus”
- “Overeating Alone Explains Obesity Epidemic”
- “How do marine mammals avoid freezing to death?”
- “Found: Winter hideout of basking sharks”
- “How Giant Pterosaurs Took Flight”