Jewish date: 19 ’Iyyar 5769.
Today’s holiday: Day 34 of the ‘Omer.
Today’s quasi-holiday: National Third Shift Workers Day/National Nightshift Workers Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Save Critical Habitat for the Florida Panther” and “Tell Holder: It's time to prosecute Cheney.”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Sheikh Tamimi attacks Israel, pope walks out”: I have to give Pope Benedict XVI credit for walking out on a paranoid anti-Semitic tirade. I give Tayseer Tamimi an F for doing his very best (wittingly or unwittingly) to ruin the image of Islam at an interreligious meeting.
- “The Patriot’s Bible — Really?”: I am not the only one out there attacking bad religious ideas. This article attacks something called The American Patriot’s Bible, which apparently tries to force the Christian Bible into an extreme Republican-conservative mold with a sledgehammer. The reviewer’s approach is... interesting.
- “Shmuley’s Blog – 12 May, 2009/Saudi Arabian Judge Makes Domestic Violence Comments”
- “When Senses Intersect”
- “Biohackers: Brewing new life-forms in a basement near you”
- “Vitamins Block Some Exercise Benefits”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.