Jewish date: 13 ’Iyyar 5769.
Today’s holidays: Day 28 of the ‘Omer, Thursday of the Fourth Week of Easter.
Today’s quasi-holiday: International Tuba Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Support The Historic Bill to End Canada's Commercial Seal Hunt”, “Senate: Vote YES for Credit Card Reform!”, “Shell: Stop Gas Flaring Now!”, and “Protect Yellowstone's Newborn Buffalo.”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Turkish novelist on trial for insulting Islam”: More Islamic intolerance, this time author Nedim Gürsel’s The Daughters of Allah being accused of blasphemy. One would think that after The Satanic Verses that Muslims would learn that raising a huge fuss over a book is free publicity... That latter book is so bad that if it was not for the fatwa against it, few people would have bothered reading it. I wish Gürsel great prosperity at the expense of his government’s intolerance stupidity.
- 10 Worst Countries to be a Blogger: Guess who’s on it?
- Four years ago today was The Time Traveler Convention. Tell every time traveler you meet to attend!
- “Guardian Columnist Justifies Terror”
- “Swine Flu Update and Overview”
- “Now that's a haul: Greek robbers steal man's home”
- “Montreal Metro Demonizes Israel's Independence Day”