Monday, September 1, 2008

1 ’Elul 5768: Ro’sh Ḥodhesh/New Year for Animal Tithes/Labor Day/Chicken Boy’s Birthday

Greetings.

Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: I am trying to identify a vaguely remembered story, probably a novel. In it one character suggests that God made people believe different things because He wanted to be worshipped in different ways. Unfortunately, I do not remember which story it is. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you.

Today’s news and commentary:Today’s weird thing, which I discovered yesterday by accident, is Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing, which details all sorts of horrible things parents name their children, things that make my idea of naming a kid “מִטַּטְרוֹן/Metatron” pale in comparison. Enjoy (or be scared), share the weirdness, and happy new month.

Aaron

No comments: