Worthy causes of the day: “Tell Congress: Don't Give a Dime to Cut Wildlife's Lifeline!” and “Help Save Troy Anthony Davis' Life”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Church obsessed with gays - Tutu”: Archbishop Desmond Tutu is right: religion has concerns other than just sexuality.
- Apparently I was wrong about the Church of Scientology being behind the DMCA requests to remove anti-Scientology material from YouTube—maybe. “Alleged 'rights group' tries to have 4,000 anti-Scientology videos removed from YouTube” and “Bogus anti-Scientology DMCA notices sent to YouTube linked to Wikipedia user” make it even less clear who was really behind the requests; the group allegedly making the request does not exist, or at least is previously undocumented. Maybe the Church of Scientology is behind it, seeing as they do sneaky things, but maybe it is just someone sympathetic to them.
- “Jews for Jesus”: Good grief! Am I the only person on the planet to have read the Book of Job? The whole point of the book is that bad things can happen to good people who do not deserve it. Therefore, one cannot ever be sure that something bad happened to someone because they did something wrong. Period.
- “Sky News Removes Photo Distortion”
- “The Economist's 'Occasional Stonethrowing'”
- “Does the Truth Matter Anymore?” (Shame on McCain for lying!)
- Various videos on McCain:
Note: We will not pay for the Iran War because Israel is the country that is going to fight it, not us.
- “Here's the story about Palin's book-banning try as mayor” (Shame on Palin for putting loyalty above morality, ethics, and legality!)
- “Report: Palin tapped travel allowance at home” (Shame on Palin for stealing money from the people of Alaska!)
- “Biologists on the Verge of Creating New Form of Life”
- “2 terror groups now broadcasting live from Temple Mount” (’Olmerṭ, for once stop being incompetent and do something to fight terrorism!)
- “Phantom Limb Cure: Retraining the Brain”
- “Is Kava Safe?”
- “Pilfered primate outstanding in Vt. cornfield”
- “Doctored photos: 20 memorable picture fakes”