Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Way to go, matie!”: Something like this had to happen sooner or later: the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Pastafarians) has picketed the Westboro Baptist Church. The Westboro Baptist Church is a group infamous for protesting extremely offensively practically anyone else they consider evil, often on a theologically flimsy basis. It was only a matter of time before someone tried protesting the protestors. Someone remind me to explain the errors of both the Westboro Baptists and the Pastafarians when I have more time.
- “The X Chromosome and the Case against Monogamy”: This is just a reminder that “natural” should not be equated with “moral” or “ethical” (a logical fallacy known as “appeal to nature”). This article notes a study which found genetic evidence that polygamy was common among humans in the past. Please note that today polygamy is frequently considered immoral in the West, despite it being natural for humans.
- “Swiss adventurer flies 'like a bird' across English Channel”
- “Greenhouse gas pollution up despite economic downturn”
- How close were Presidential Elections? (Sometimes it is extremely close.)
- “Rock of (old) ages surfaces in Canada”
- “Saturday night thiever says sorry to victims”
- “Video: Obama/McCain debate from Mississippi Sept. 26th” (Contrary to the pre-announcement that McCain won the debate, he came off rather badly compared to Obama. McCain committed a huge rational faux pas, contradicting Obama on his (Obama’s) views to his face without giving evidence that Obama was lying. Bad idea.)