NOTE: The poll is almost over. Please weigh in on the question of whether this blog should have a poll.
Worthy causes of the day: “Stop the Eleventh-Hour Assault on Endangered Species”, “Extend the Renewable Energy Tax Credit Before Month's End!”, “Urge Board to Reconsider Clemency for Troy Davis”, and “Speak out against Interstate I-3!”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “The myth of al-Aqsa”: This is an interesting account of how the deliberate misidentification of the Temple Mount as “the furthest mosque” was originally done for intra-Islamic political purposes and how this dubious claim is pushed today for the purposes of jihad. The author is correct in concluding that Jews and Christians have no reason to perpetuate or participate in this fraud.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Bank Crisis (1983)”
- “Palin 'Unlikely' to Meet With Prosecutor”, “Palin's Project List Totals $453 Million”, “Sarah Palin's powerful "First Dude"” (You would think the saner Republicans would be trying to get Palin pulled off the ticket by now.)
- The blog Women Against Sarah Palin (Submitted by Nancy.)
- “McCain-Palin Crowd-Size Estimates Not Backed by Officials” and “John McCain: literally antiscience”, and This Modern World 2008-09-15
- “Possible First Photo of Planet Around Sun-Like Star ”
- “New Medicare Rules Target Aggressive Sales Tactics”
- “The 65 mpg Ford the U.S. Can't Have” (This really, really stinks.)
- “Postmodernist attacks on science-based medicine” (And I thought some of the stuff I am dealing with for Divine Misconceptions was bad.)
- “Police get call over non-floppy rabbit ears”
- GoodGuide (potentially useful resource)
- “Homing pigeon takes up wrong home in N.H.”