Worthy causes of the day: “Just ONE Question” and “Tell Congress to Support Education for All”.
I am happy to report that this coming Sukkoth (less than a month away) I will be able to use an ’ethrogh from a tree grown at home from a seed. (Thank YHWH!) This is the lucky fruit:
The other three ’ethroghim of this year’s crop are too blemished to used. If I am around the trees next year, I plan on putting bags around the young fruit so that they are less likely to get scratched, punctured, or nibbled on.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “'Creationism' biologist quits job”: I am not really surprised this happened. And, yes, the title of this article is somewhat misleading.
- “Good religion needs good science”: The thrust of this article by Rev Dr Malcolm Brown of the Church of England is that the Church’s early reaction to Darwin’s was unfair and that there is no conflict between Christianity and belief in evolution. While I believe he is correct to avoid looking at Scripture as a science textbook, something it was neither intended to be nor particularly useful for, I have to disagree with him on the notion that the Church of England owes Darwin an apology. All those who sinned against Darwin and owe him an apology are dead and buried. Those who comprise the Church of England today are a different generation. So long as they themselves do not sin against Darwin, they owe him no apology, for they are not guilty of the error of their ancestors.
- “Student Told Rosary is Gang Symbol”: I cannot make something like this up. I have no clue what these school officials are thinking.
- “HR Rejects Iranian Press TV Request” and “CBC Critically Examines Israel's Enemies”
- The K Chronicles 2008-09-16
- “Alaska officials won't testify in Palin probe” (For shame!)
- “Congress's copyright fight puts open access science in peril” (Open access science now and forever! Shame on those trying to hobble the progress of science!)
- “Turning Bacteria into Plastic Factories”
- “BPA study: Plastic chemical is unhealthy for children and other living things”
- “Mathematicians predicted stock market volatility years ago”
- “Self-flying helicopter gets off ground”
- “German scientists discover 120 million year-old ant”
- “The short - but eventful - life of Ike” (Very scary.)
- “SC auction to have paintings by penguin, sea lions”