Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “CAIR’s Well-Deserved Expulsion”: Finally the US government has figured out these people are anti-American!
- “Paganism returns to the Holy Land”: Yes, there are Neo-Pagans in Israel. That people who worship the pagan deities which the Hebrew Bible said—without leaving any wiggle-room—not to worship upon pain of death should be shunned is unsurprising. Freedom of religion does not mean freedom to force acceptance of one’s religion as legitimate upon others, and Jewish Israelis are entitled to regard Neo-Pagans with disgust. I assume that believing Jews are not actually stoning Neo-Pagans in Israel; something like that would probably be reported in the news. Why anyone would switch from Judaism to Neo-Paganism is not made clear. At least some of such people do not like Judaism and its lack of choice in which deity to worship; monotheism gives only one option. However, if only one deity exists, there is no point in worshipping another one, whether one likes the one deity or not. It is also childish to find fault with Judaism for rejecting paganism; whether a religion or any other belief system is true or not has nothing to do with whether or not it fits one’s tastes. A claim that Judaism is “imposed and artificial” would be just as true for any other religion. Religions are not natural entities, but rather (in one aspect) a form of social construct involving humans and possibly deities. The fact that a deity imposes a religion on one or that people in general favor one religion over another does not make it any less valid. What really matters is how good a religion models objective reality (i.e., how true it is); everything else pales in comparison. I hope Israeli Neo-Pagans are more theologically sophisticated than this, because this article gives absolutely no good reasons for their religious beliefs.
- “the New Israeli Government”
- “Pharmed Fish”
- “Gone but not forgotten: 10 operating systems the world left behind”
- “Report: U.S. companies waste $2.8B per year powering unused PCs”: The moral of the story: If you are going to leave your computer on all the time, install BOINC on it and donate your unused clock cycles and otherwise wasted energy towards benefiting humankind.
- “Population in Space at Historic High: 13 ”
Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.