My apologies to those of you who received an earlier, incomplete version of this post via E-mail. Blogger did something stupid and published without authorization.
Worthy cause of the day: “Stop the AIG Bonuses”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- Some countries are making no effort to implement freedom of religion: “TAJIKISTAN: 'This Law will worsen the situation with religious liberties”, “RUSSIA: Nationwide strike at Jehovah's Witnesses”, and “Egyptian Christian's recognition struggle”
- More intolerance: “Minister beaten after clashing with Muslims on his TV show” and “Hindu extremists wreck plans for statue of 'Christian' Charlie Chaplin”
- “Bishop orders Episcopal priest to renounce Islamic faith”: It should be common knowledge that Christianity and Islam are not logically consistent and thus anyone trying to practice both Christianity and Islam is being inconsistent. Those who have any doubts as to this should see Why I Am Not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq, which lists on pages 215-216 lists a number of anti-Christian verses in the Qur’an: 5:75, 5:51, 5:56-64, 9:29-30. I Am Not a Muslim also gives a good summary as to Islamic attitudes towards non-Muslims as well. It is no wonder that this Episcopal priest who is trying to practice both Christianity and Islam is under a well-deserved threat of defrocking.
- “The Search”
- “No Holds Barred: Why the silence when AIPAC is attacked?”
- “Dino Mites: A Diminutive Dinosaur in North America and a Rare Mass Death of Young Relatives in China”
- “Can traffic up your heart attack risk?”
- “Snapshot of galactic doom”
- “Glasshouse injects 3D representation of data into a virtual world”: This is a cool way of dealing with data.
- “Japanese 'female' robot walks, shows emotions”: This was bound to happen sooner or later.
- “The sanctity of AIG's contracts” and “The Semtex in the AIG Retention Contracts”
- “If there were no Israel”
- “Man, 71, fends off young robber with ice scraper”
- “College Students Dish Out Free Flattery”: Interesting public service project.