Worthy cause of the day: “Protect Tigers and Humans, Stop Illegal Logging in Jakarta”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- More failures of freedom of religion: “India: ‘Anti-Conversion’ Law Considered In Karnataka"”, “Scientology protests prompt new Riverside County law”, “Church Fights for Right to Drink Tea”
- “End of the world that never was”: When an alleged prophet predicts the World is supposed to end and it does not, this is a good sign that the alleged prophet is a false prophet.
- “Leave God a message at his Dutch answering service”: This seems to be an art project and fairly pointless. Deities have never needed telephones before.
- “Japanese Buddhist steals statues "to pray"”: Shouldn’t this be bad karma?
- “Money For Gaza”
- “Kibbutz Bailout Package (1989)”
- “Recipe for Disaster: The Formula That Killed Wall Street”: General rule: Never rely on a model which makes questionable assumptions. Also: Never rely on a model which you do not understand.
- “"Bionic" eye restores vision after three decades of darkness”: May it be YHWH’s will that the researchers working on this be successful in improving this technology and getting it to the people who need it!
- “We Like a Winning Face”: This is rather disappointing.
- “Astronomers spot two black holes in an orbital dance”
- “Can "Assisted Migration" Save Species from Global Warming?”
- “Ask the Experts: Can Babies Be Made-to-Order?”
- “It's our history, stupid”
- “Study: 86.7 million Americans uninsured over last two years”
- “Wyeth Vs. Levine: Joe Six Pack Trumps The FDA”