Jewish date: 17 Siwan 5769.
Worthy cause of the day: “Strengthen the clean energy bill”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- Strange, but historically precedented, form of religious oppression: “Pakistan: Muslim Forces 12-Year-Old Girl To Convert, Marry Him”. Please note the persistent lying and excuse-making on the part of the Muslims in this drama, including the demand that the Christian mother work for a year for the kidnapper in order to get her daughter back.
- More countries acting shamefully with regard to freedom of religion: “AZERBAIJAN: Repressive new Religion Law and new punishments enter into force”, “Catholic convent demolished in Vietnam”, “RUSSIA: Widespread protests at new 'Inquisition'”
- “Vatican visits CERN's Big Bang machine”: Despite some worrisome behavior on the part of the current pope, Roman Catholic Church still seems to adhere to Pope John Paul II’s pro-science belief that “truth cannot contradict truth”. Such an attitude is very sensible. If there is a creator god, then that god is responsible directly for the laws of physics and indirectly for everything that is a consequence of those laws. As such, the results of quality scientific research may thus be said to emanate from the Divine Will and thus not to be lightly dismissed.
- “Reality TV might just bring us back to reality”
- “Inflatable tower could climb to the edge of space”
- “Spotlight On The Jewish Refugees”
- “Medicinal Taste (1994)”