Jewish date: 9 Siwan 5769.
Today’s quasi-holidays: Doughnut Day, International Children’s Day.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Wikipedia bans Church of Scientology”: Considering that the Church of Scientology is known to play dirty PR tricks, it is not surprising that the Church of Scientology would illegitimately edit Scientology-related articles to eliminate negative criticism. I cannot blame Wikipedia for instituting a ban on edits from all Church of Scientology computers.
- “Doctor who performed abortions shot to death”: While I can appreciate killing the unborn is considered immoral by many, I fail to see how killing a doctor who performs abortions will help. Those seeking an abortion will just go to another doctor. Also this is an extralegal killing in a non-emergency situation, without a fair trial or a chance for the accused to defend himself, i.e., murder. Not to mention it does not seem appropriate to kill someone in church, when he is most certainly not about to perform an abortion.
- “Addressing concerned parents about vaccines”
(Tip of the hat to Bad Astronomy.)
- “Can You Lose Your Fingerprints?”
- “Taking back the narrative”
- “Why our 'amazing' science fiction future fizzled”
- “Decoding antiquity: Eight scripts that still can't be read”
- “Climate change causes 315,000 deaths a year: report”