Jewish date: 26 Siwan 5769.
Today’s holiday: Thursday of the Eleventh Week of Ordinary Time.
Today’s quasi-holidays: International Picnic Day, Cow Day, Recess at Work Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Remove the Trojan Horse from Global Warming Legislation”, “Stop the Internet Rip-Off of 2009”, “Fight Against Childhood Hunger”, and “Turn words into action”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- More religious oppression: “India denies visa to US religious freedom watchdog”.
- This I do not pretend to really understand: “A Faith-Friendly Communist Party”. The contradiction between communism being atheistic and “religion-friendly” communism should be obvious. Apparently some communists support the social agenda while denying the atheism; one does not necessarily imply the other. E.g., there are democratic atheists and religious socialists.
- “Iran Christmas (1979)”
- “President Obama Should Absolutely ‘Meddle’ to Support Iran’s Freedom Demonstrators”
- “Gimme a beer, imbecile! - Spanish bar wants insults”
- “The Impact of Global Warming on Human Fatality Rates”
- “FDA Zicam Warning”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.