Friday, June 29, 2012

Ha‘Avodhah Street

Jewish date:  9 Tammuz 5772 (Parashath Ḥuqqath).

Today’s event:  Camera Day.

Greetings.

Today’s entry on the series on Giv‘ath Shemu’el is on Ha‘Avodhah (Labor) Street, which starts at HazZethim Street and at the other end suddenly makes a left turn and meets up with Ḥayyim Naḥman Bi’aliq Street.  As usual, descriptions may be embellished for your entertainment and should not be taken seriously.


“I took the captions seriously, and now none of the other Intefe robots wants to play with me.”

This passage reportedly leads to the world of the Twilight stories.  I have not read those books, but I have been warned not to go there.

“My grandparents went there, and they saw Rod Serling, and he said it just wasn’t up to snuff to do an episode on it for The Twilight Zone.”

There is a ninja hiding in this picture.  Even he could not stand the Twilight world.

A family of seals in their car.

I am not clear what the point of these horizontal blocks are.  Maybe for shade, but then something solid would do better.

“I think ◳◳◳ and Salle cut away half of the overhang and sold it.  Good-quality marble sells for a high price these days.”

“◳◳◳ and Salle may be evil, but they don’t do everything wrong in this town, and those things aren’t marble.  It was pirates on vacation committing a random act of pillage.”

The symbolism of the design on these doors means “We are armed with sharp, pointy things and will not tolerate the antics of upstart ◙◙▣◉╳s and ◪◬◘s.”

“I’m scared of robots, aliens, and ninjas.  Tell me where they go away, please.”

Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.

’Aharon/Aaron

No comments: