Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HanNasi’ Street

Jewish date:  7 Tammuz 5772 (Parashath Ḥuqqath).

Today’s event:  National Columnists Day.

Greetings.

Continuing the series on Giv‘ath Shemu’el, today’s street of interest is HanNasi’ (President) Street, which stretches from HazZethim Street where it is planned to eventually build Ḥayyim Bar Lev all the way to the highway between Giv‘ath Shemu’el and Bene Beraq.  (And, no, it is not the Bene Beraq from the Haggadhah.)  As previously, captions may be deliberately inaccurate for the sake of entertainment and should not be taken seriously.

Yet another cloudy day.

Considering the number of ninjas from Ḥayyim Bar Lev on the traffic circle at the end of the street, I knew it was going to be a bad day.  (They can be a big pain in the neck.)

I was hit in the back of the head with a nunchaku while trying to take a picture looking down the street and had to run. 

A number of Intefe robots standing around at a driveway entrance, discussing whether they need to bring more Pac-Man bait.

Cyborgized plants.

“Don’t blame me for cyborgizing plants.  Anyone with at least half a CPU knows that such plants produce more light than they reclaim through photosynthesis.”

“Uh-oh.  I think Peter’s had too much to drink again.”

“Look out for the ninja behind you!”  I had to duck to avoid being hit with a nunchaku again, and only by pointing my camera directly at the ninja was I able to vanquish her.  (Ninjas make it a point of honor not to be photographed.)

One of our painted electrical boxes, this one in a minimalist style and previously having been used for a bulletin board.

“Hello, Internet.  This is my garden.  I’m growing flowers and rocks.”

“What is it about young robots which makes them think they can grow rocks?”

“You can’t grow rocks?  Next thing you’re going to tell me that I don’t need an elevator pass!”

Some of our colorful tortoises.  The last one was arrested five minutes after taking his picture for selling young robots elevator passes.

I had no idea what planet the riding moon-beast comes from.  None of the aliens in Giv‘ath Shemu’el claims responsibility for it.

I followed it down this passageway, where I found this:

One of the giant carnivorous plants which Salle reported fighting with penguins.  I decided to get away from it, especially since I did not have a sword with me.

I did, however, tell a group of Intefe robot military cadets.  They marched off in proper formation down the street and down the passageway.  They zapped the giant carnivorous plant to a crisp with lasers.

One of our decorated dumpsters.

“It’s just the highway at the end of the street.”

A giant anthill at the end of the street.  The ninjas got here first and chased off the giant ants.

Looking back from the end of the street.

Reportedly a robotic nightclub.  I was denied admittance.

Enjoy, share the weirdness, and don’t buy an elevator pass.

’Aharon/Aaron

No comments: